Mold remediation in the simplest terms is an attempt to reduce the spore count to allow for healthy living conditions to be obtained and reduce the growth of mold in a safe manner.
A combination of moisture and porous substances are the ideal conditions for mold growing. Spores land on moist surfaces and reproduce by lightweight spores that travel through the air. Realistically we are all exposed to small amounts of spores everyday that are usually harmless
The mold removal process really depends on the size of project and the location. On average we see it between 24-72 hours. If you need a more concrete answer, call us today and we can come out to inspect your area and give you a more specific time line!
Everyone is exposed to some small form of mold particles as mentioned before, but as a rule of thumb if you have conditions in your home that are contain moisture or porous, then you could be exposed. In terms of asbestos it can depend on the age of your home and the materials used in your home construction. Neither mold nor asbestos discriminate on age of home!
We always recommend you get checked up if you think you have been exposed to either mold or asbestos. Depending on immune systems and allegories, the exposure to the substances can vary in terms of symptoms.
*This is not to be taken as medical advice! Just our opinion.
We always say yes! The biggest reason why is because many have tried before and failed remediation of mold or asbestos. In order to properly treat these issues you must control the work environment to avoid contamination. We excel in these techniques to keep your home and family from further exposure!
The best way to know if you have asbestos in your home is to get tested. Some other signs may be pipes covered in white insulation or your attic seems to have some insulation that just doesn't seem normal. Trust us. You'll know it when you see it!
We always say that checking is the safest course of action before a remodel. We have seen before that asbestos exists mostly in the plaster of homes which many times get's taken down in a remodel process. Also if you home was constructed in the 1980's or earlier you may want to strongly consider the testing prior to knocking walls down and spreading the asbestos.
Vermiculite insulation is a very different type of insulation that we referred to in the earlier answer. It looks more or less like cat litter. In the 20th century most vermiculite insulation used in the United States was contaminated with asbestos. Although most say that it is now safe, if you find vermiculite insulation, you may be potentially exposed to asbestos.
Continuing from the answer above, vermiculite was produced by a mine in Libby, Montana. It is the site of one of America's worst environmental disasters where toxic asbestos dust from the vermiculite mines killed hundreds of residents and sickened thousands more. The vermiculite insulation was used in thousands of home constructions and led to incredibly dangerous conditions for homes with the material. Today homes still exist with vermiculite in them!